Monday, December 15, 2008

Door Decorations

On a lighter note, yesterday in our office my three year-old comes up to me while I am on the computer and says, "Daddy look I decorated the door!" (insert thought bubble above my head: this can not be good, exactly how did he decorate the door). Me, "Show me what you did," and he proceeds to take me by the hand, opens up the office closet door and proudly shows me a pencil doodle drawn on the inside of the door of what looks like a stick figure ice skating on a lake or something like that.
"Buddy I know you didn't know that you weren't suppose to do that, but you're not allowed to draw on the walls or doors in the house. Don't cry you're not in trouble just don't do it again."

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Ah! I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Little Girl was so proud of herself. "Daddy, I painted a beautiful picture for you!!" But she wasn't at her little table so that didn't bode well. Sure enough. A lovely crayon painting for me on the wall. I pretty much said the same thing you did as I realized I'd never really told her *not* to do that, she just never had done it before.