Friday, January 28, 2005

The object of going to bed at night is what?

The object of going to bed at night is what? To get some sleep. Well entering into week two of baby number two sleep depravation is starting to deteriorate my faculties. My hands are cold and shaky, I’m not sure if that’s the lack of sleep or because it’s 2 degrees (wind chill of minus 7) and I’m next to a window.
I am starting a new job next week as a proofreader that requires me to be mentally sharp and play close attention to detail. After not working in an office for over two years, being a stay at home dad who has worked as a theater inspector approximately once a month, I am nervous about getting my faculties together in time for my new job, for getting up at 6 a.m. and commuting 45 minutes to an hour into the hills of North Jersey in the winter, and getting to bed by 10 p.m. when I normally go to sleep at 2 a.m.
My wife is asking me to take the baby so she can get some more sleep, I hate waking up all night, so I have been staying up really late so I only have to get up a few times in the middle of the night, but now 8 a.m. feels like the middle of the night so that plan isn’t working.Our first son was not big on pacifiers, and he was not big on breast-feeding either so we did not push them on him because we needed him to focus on breast-feeding. Our new baby eats all day and night so I think I am going to start using pacifiers with him because he totally looses it when ever we change his diaper, and I hope that will make for quieter 3 a.m. changings.

No comments: