Sunday, March 27, 2005

Cousins & Brothers

We went to my niece’s first birthday party last night. My brother had it at his martial arts studio, so all the kids had plenty of open space to run around. The thing that was especially notable about the evening beyond the normal, “aren’t our kids so cute,” was seeing my 2.8-year-old son running around playing with my brother’s 1-year-old daughter, and repeatedly saying, “I love my cousin SOOO much.” My brother is seven years older than I, but started having kids 20 years before I did, so growing up and even recently I never thought about our children interacting at all.
I have to say seeing them playing together was pretty amazing, seeing your children love your sibling’s kids just reminds you of how much you love your siblings growing up, of course you still love them know that you’re grow, but it’s different.

No comments: