Monday, February 15, 2010

HONORS?

I am currently filling out a graduate school application for a MSW, and there is a field that asks for honors. The first thing that came to mind was Dean's List, maybe but probably not those lame Key Club honors, but when I saw what they listed as the examples: ABRCMS, DAAD, FAMU, Fulbright, IRT Consortium; I realised that they might not view my lame Dean's List achievements as honors.
Any advice from ya'll out there on the "interwebs"?

I am definitely fearing that to get accepted to a competitive program I will need to put in a few years of dues working at DYFS to up my Social Work street cred.

Honestly if I could get a legit MSW from Git A Degree Online In Yr Boxers University, (GADIYB U for short) I would, but my research into those Online schools came up with them lacking, and a bunch of annoying sales-ish calls from "counselors" who seemed more like once promoted telemarketeers.

1 comment:

Books, J. Books. said...

I tend to think that your overall GPA will reflect your being placed on the dean's list and that "honors" usually goes with having been in an honors program and/or written an honors thesis. To be awarded an honor would've required you to have graduated with a certain GPA (as in: graduated w/honors, graduated w/high honors); and possibly having had to complete some horrible and arduous work of exceptional length that you would have no problem recalling.