Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Irony

A cousin of mine who is in her late 50's is getting her leg amputated at 3PM ET today, it got shut in a door when she was like five years-old and has given her serious problems ever since, in a strange way it will make her life easier. The irony is not only that her (and my) Grandmother also had a leg, and eventually both legs amputated, but that her mother after successfully recovering from heart surgery died two years ago on this day in same hospital while in a subsequent surgery for a staff infection which she caught during her recovery time via bed sores.

I personally would not if at all possible go back to that same hospital to have a procedure done on myself, but it's suppose to be a good hospital, North Shore University Hospital in Long Island, so may be I'm being dramatic, but fuck that if some one I care about went into a hospital for one thing and dies from some totally different thing that was not preexisting when they went in, sorry not for me ...

No comments: